Ndaba received a Bachelor’s degree from the University of Pretoria in 2008, majoring in Political science and International Relations. Shortly after that, he joined the Embassy of Japan in Pretoria working as a senior Political Consultant, focused mainly on South Africa. While working at the embassy he was chosen to represent his country in a business leadership and entrepreneurship programme in Jordan. This three-week annual programme, compiled by the Queen Rania Centre for Entrepreneurship in association with the Ahl Ali Group of Dubai involved participants from Jordan as well as Argentina.
He then joined Investec Asset Management getting exposure to their asset management business before joining the business development area working as a client liaison officer in the client services area. After a year he left to pursue his socio-economic development ambitions by dedicating his time to the foundation he founded called Africa Rising. Africa Rising’s vision is to be a catalyst in building a new breed of young Africans that will empower themselves to be at the forefront of Africa’s development.
He also enjoys speaking engagements, talking about the Mandela Legacy and motivating the youth to know more about their origins and getting involved in community development and being a shining beacon of hope where ever they see fit, so they can be the change they want to see.
In general Ndaba is a man passionate about Africa, its people and concerned about its future. Although we face many problems on the continent at large there are many positive things that the global village does not know about Africa. In recognition of these misconceptions we have taken the active process in trying to address these misconceptions but more importantly engage the youth and the public as to how we
can start the process of taking control of our destiny now.
On the lighter side of life, he enjoys listening to music and hanging out with friends and family during leisurely time. He believes that one should always keep an open mind and when the opportunity presents itself try something new, because you just might like it.
Favorite Quote: “Together as one we can accomplish anything”
Current positions: Chairman of Africa Rising Foundation
Ndaba is also the author of Going to the Mountain: Life Lessons from my Grandfather, Nelson Mandela
(June, 2018; Hachette Books; Penguin Random House UK).”
• Global Ambassador for UN/AIDS (W.H.O)
• Vice President of Pan African Youth Council
• Global Chairman for Generation Hip Hop (Universal Hip Hop Museum)
• Public Speaker with APB Speakers (Based in Boston USA)(www.apbspeakers.com) https://www.apbspeakers.com/searchresults/?search_field=ndaba
Most notable speaking engagements
• Was invited by the UAE Government to speak along side Minister of
Education and Christopher Gardner – 2016
• Bill Gates hosted an event with Printemps Solidare Organisation in Paris,
France (2017) where 12 speakers were chosen and Ndaba was 1 of them.
Web-link (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJmbxid1E2E )
• Was invited to attend leadership retreat on Neckar Island by Richard Bransonwhere Ndaba also did a presentation on the foundation he runs and the work he does (2016)
• Ndaba also spoke at the Green Economy Summit in Argentina, where Barack
Obama was one of the speakers (October 2017)